Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Personalized Letterpress Hawaiian Kalo Leaves

Newly created and letterpress printed Hawaiian kalo or taro leaves. 
These newly printed personalized letterpress cards feature Hawaii's treasured kalo or taro leaves. Considered to be the staple of life, kalo played a vital role in the Native Hawaiian's kumulipo, creation story. For more than a thousand years, kalo has been cultivated to make poi, a staple of the Native Hawaiian diet. It was also used as medicine, dye for kapa, adhesive, and bait for fish.

Today, kalo continues to be grown and cherished by many who live in the islands for its sustenance and rich cultural heritage.

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find
    this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my blog Bmi index Chart

    ReplyDelete